Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Burial

The hospital where we went with the baby on that horrible night was a local hospital that is known by the name "Mercy". I have no other experience with this hospital, as every other medical emergency in my life has been handled through St. Lukes. 

I am converted. Mercy has been... incredible. 

Last night, a nurse by the name of Maggie called me from the hospital's "Heart Prints" program. It is a program that helps grieving parents of lost babies through the difficult time following the loss. She was incredible. She let me know that she will be handling the burial of our baby, how it will work, and where to find him. 

My heart, though still full of sadness, is considerably lighter knowing that this angel on Earth will be the last person to hold my baby. She is so full of light, love and compassion, and she will take such good care of him. She told me that she will wrap him in his own blanket and described to me in-detail what to expect. 

Some day, when I am able, I would love to give back to this organization. I need to do more research to figure out who/how/what it is. Because since July 31st, my heart has been uneasy. But now, knowing more about what happens next, and feeling the love of Maggie, I am feeling much better about things. 

-Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment