Friday, June 24, 2016

Bad news (big) bears....

Just got the call from my doctor. Baby girl is measuring TWO WEEKS ahead :( her tummy is bigger than her skull, so we are definitely seeing the effects of Gestational Diabetes.

This is a wakeup call for me. I have been VERY good about the diet, but not as stringent as I should be. So now we are going to make some drastic changes. Because I don't want anything happening to this little girl. Especially don't want her in the NICU after delivery with low blood sugars :(

Alright here we go:


  • Exercise - 3x a week, even if it's a piddly little walk 
  • No more artificial sugars (that's right - no more diet sodas, no more gatorades, nothing)
  • No more caffeine
  • Less red meat / More white meat 
  • 1 vegetable with every meal - no excuses
  • Fruits as snacks instead of crackers/breads


Time to get serious.

Poor little baby, she doesn't deserve to have GD or insulin issues. That's why I need to take control. I am mommy now.

-Frustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment